Location: Wikwemikong Unceded Territory
Responsible to: Chief of Police, Wikwemikong Tribal Police Service
The Wikwemikong Tribal Police Service is accepting applications for a New Recruit Constable. Applicants will be required to successfully complete any additional training deemed necessary by the Ontario Police College as a condition of employment. The New Recruit must attend and successfully pass a 13-week Basic Recruit Training course at the Ontario Police College in Aylmer, Ontario, for the January2024 intake. All new hires are expected to have a valid and completed OACP certificate and medical forms as per attached OACP link www.oacpcertificate.ca.
Summary: The New Recruit Police Constable will be responsible to the Chief of Police and will maintain law and order in a community-based setting within and around the Wikwemikong Territory.
- Preserve the peace, prevent crimes, other offences, provide assistance, and encouragement to other persons in their prevention.
- Assist victims of crime.
- Apprehend criminals, other offenders and others who may lawfully be taken into custody.
- Lay charges and participate in prosecutions.
- Execute warrants and perform related duties.
- Perform the lawful duties that the Chief of Police assigns.
- Respond to calls for service.
- Successfully complete prescribed training.
- Commitment to Community-Based Policing principles and practices.
- Display cultural competence when interacting with members of the community;
Perform 12-hour shifts (days and nights) including weekends and holidays.
- Participate in community events and cultural gatherings.
- Assist in the development and implementation of projects, acting as a resource to team members and other Units.
- Undertake assignments, including traffic point duty and crowd control, as required.
- Diploma in Police Foundations or Degree in Law and Criminal justice an asset.
- Copy of current First Aid/CPR Level C Certificates.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office.
- Must have awareness of First Nation culture and traditions.
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a MUST.
- Be prepared to take an Oath/Affirmation of Office and Secrecy.
- Be of good moral character and habits
- Pass a detailed background check that includes security clearance checks, credit, and reference checks.
- Documentation showing you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as approved by the Ministry of Health or have valid exemption pursuant to the Human Rights code.
- Any relevant certificates related to the position being applied for.
- Candidates with a strong application may be asked to attend the fitness pin test, by invitation only.
Employment packages are available for pick up at the WTPS office or can be emailed to those interested. Interested applicants are to forward their completed electronic employment package, letter of interest, detailed resume, copies of relevant diploma/certificates, and 3 reference letters to:
Attention: Staff Sergeant, Chris Wesley
Deadline to Apply for January 2024 Intake: On-Going till Filled
Please note: applications will be screened and only those selected will be contacted for an interview
Location: Wikwemikong Unceded TerritoryResponsible to: Chief of Police, Wikwemikong Tribal Police Service The Wikwemikong Tribal Police Service is accepting applications...