The WTPS Police Services Crisis Responder program is responsible for helping individuals, families, and the community in times of personal crisis as well as for cases of crisis prevention and education. The Crisis responder will work as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide crisis response services. The Crisis responder will provide immediate relief and stabilization to individuals experiencing crisis and trauma.
- Provide immediate care to individuals experiencing crisis and trauma through mobile crisis outreach.
- Understand and respond to a variety of situations and conditions, tailoring responses appropriately.
- Aid in the development of continued treatment and safety plans.
- Find safe housing for those in immediate need.
- Assist clients in locating and accessing required services in the community.
- Act as an advocate for client groups within the community.